Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Zuuuuuuumba!

I don't pretend to be coordinated, but a couple weeks ago my friend posted a Groupon for 10 Zumba lessons for only $20! I have been less than diligent at going to the gym lately and I wanted to use this summer as a chance to get back into the swing of it and get in shape (and lose a few lbs would be nice too ;))

So I got the Groupon and this morning, my first official morning of my summer vacation, I got a hold of my friend to see if there was a class today. There was at 5:30. So I picked her up, swallowed my pride and went for it.

It was a blast - I was a mess - but it was a blast. The music was great and the dancing/working out was a lot of fun. I felt like most of the time I was going in the wrong direction or going up when I should have been going down, but I was not alone and everyone was laughing and keeping up with the instructor as best they could!

My friend and I left exhausted but also excited and are planning to go again either tomorrow or friday depending on when the class was being held. After my ten classes are done, I will probably go back to doing Zumba at my gym and hopefully on a more regular basis - it it waaaaaay more fun than the treadmill and works waaaaaaay more muscles!

So yeah Zumba - if you are looking for something new, check it out!

Stay motivated!

No comments: